Guidelines for Session Chairs
As a session chair, your role is crucial in ensuring a smooth and well-managed presentation session. As we aim to create a positive experience for both presenters and attendees, please follow the guidelines below. Thank you for your valuable contribution as a session chair.
- Be aware of the allocated presentation times:
- 20 minutes, followed by a 5-minute Q&A session (for research-based and practice-oriented presentations)
- 40 minutes, followed by a 5-minute Q&A session (for workshops).
- Familiarize yourself with the presenter check-in area. It is available to provide assistance to presenters regarding their presentations.
- Arrive in the conference room at least 10 minutes before the scheduled start of your session. This allows you to get organized and ensure a prompt start.
- Upon arrival, locate the presenters for your session and check in with them. This helps confirm their presence and readiness.
- Be prepared to assist presenters in your session with their presentations. Onsite presentation management is available to facilitate smooth transitions between presenters.
- Encourage presenters to load their presentations onto the conference computer in advance to minimize technical disruptions. Recommend the use of OneDrive, Google Drive, or portable memory devices for this purpose. Explain that connecting personal laptops to the projection system is generally not possible.
- If any presenter requires assistance with uploading or presenting, inform them that technicians will be available both at presenter check-in and within the assigned conference room.
- Keep track of presentation times diligently. Signal presenters with a green card as a 5-minute warning and a red card to indicate the end of their presentation.
- After each presentation, moderate a 5-minute Q&A session for questions and discussions. Encourage engagement and ensure that questions are concise and relevant.
- Inform presenters that their certificate of presentation will be awarded immediately after their session concludes. Ensure that the session flows smoothly, with efficient transitions between presenters and adherence to the allocated presentation times.